The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2015
The Story Behind The Name
The feral foxes that inhabit the Adelaide Hills have developed an appetite for grapes and can often be found eating low hanging bunches during vintage. We're not fussed though as these bushy tailed critters act as crop thinners and enhance the quality of grapes that are too high for them to reach. It also has the secondary effect of providing a natural source of fertilisation when the laxative nature of the grapes take effect on the normally carnivorous foxes.
Bright, pure and shamelessly slurpable. The 2015 Feral Fox is an aromatic and expressive Pinot, brimming with red fruits and a raft of savoury characters. The fruity and savoury highlights mingle to deliver an ever evolving bouquet.
The palate is particularly lively with rhubarb and raspberry flavours combined with an almost pomegranate like crunch. Searching a little deeper reveals mushroom, forest floor and cedary notes that make Pinot such an alluring prospect. Chalky tannins and punchy acid ensure the finish is refreshing, not fatiguing.
A versatile wine that can be enjoyed in any number of situations, young and slightly chilled, as an aperitif on a Summer’s afternoon, or paired to a rich, gamey meal of duck and winter veg, perhaps with a touch of age.
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2015
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2014
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2013
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2012
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2011
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2010
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2009
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2008
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2007
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2006
- The Feral Fox Pinot Noir 2005